OPEN TO ALL DARGEL, EXPLORER,
BAY QUEST, AND BAYMASTER BOAT
FOOD FUN AND FISHING FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!
Clear your schedules and plan to
attend the 2015 Dargel Owners Tournament and Customer
Appreciation Banquet! This years event will take place on
5-6 at the South Padre Island Convention Center.
The Dargel Owners Tournament is a spot tournament, the slot
redfish with the most spots wins. In case of a tie the earliest
fish weighed in will be the winner. We'll have several surprise
side tournaments that
we'll announce at the event.
This is a family friendly
event with kids and junior divisions, we love seeing the next
generation get hooked on fishing!
This year we have three divisions!
Entry fee will be $100.00 Per Angler (18 years and older) and $45
for the kids (12 and under)and junior division (13-18) and under and will include dinner on both nights as
well as tournament goodies, T-Shirt, and raffle tickets.
The kids division will fish for a chance to win separate prizes,
NOT the general division prizes. Guest entry will be $45.00 per
person for those not fishing.
Entries received before May 30th,
2014 are guaranteed a tournament goody bag and t-shirt t-shirt.
Click here to download the
printable schedule, rules, and entry form!
Friday June 27th
Mandatory captains meeting 6-10PM @ SPI Convention Center
Late registration 6-7PM
Dinner and non-alcoholic drinks 7-8PM
Captains meeting, raffle, door prizes, and social 8-10PM
Saturday June 28th
Fishing to begin at
the sound of the cannon at 7AM from Tequila Sunset
and weigh in will be from 8AM-4PM at Tequila Sunset
Dinner served at 5PM at SPI Convention Center
Awards ceremony will begin by 6PM
To be announced.
In order to respect and protect our great resources for
future Texas Anglers, the Dargel Owners Tournament is a spot
tournament meaning the first slot redfish with the most spots wins.
We intentionally exclude large breeder trout, snook, and flounder
from our event to insure a healthy fish population for future
1. Anglers may launch from anywhere but must be present for
mandatory safety check and Cannon
Blast take off at 7A.M.
2. Only redfish within the legal slot of 20” to 28” will be eligible
for the Spot Tournament, over or undersized fish will lead to
disqualification of participant.
3. Over size redfish for the
side tournament must be legally tagged by the
angler that turns in the fish. Longest bull Red wins, in case of tie
the first fish to the weigh master wins.
4. Weigh in will close at 4:00 P.M you must be in line by 4:00 P.M
to avoid being disqualified.
5. Weigh master and tournament directors will have final say in all
6. Must have a valid Texas Fishing License. (per state laws)
7. All boats must meet U.S.C.G. and Marine Patrol safety equipment
8. All anglers must obey all local and federal rules and
9. Anglers must use hook and line. (Artificial or live bait allowed)
10. Legal size redfish with most spots WINS! (Spots that connect
will only be counted as one spot) Ties will be broken by first fish
11. Winner will be required to take polygraph test. All anglers are
subject to polygraph test.
12. All fish must be caught on
June 28th, 2014 between 7:00 AM
and 4:00 PM.
13. Anglers must fish in a Dargel, Explorer,
Baymaster or BayQuest Boat.
14. Kids division 12 and under will be eligible separate prizes, NOT
general division prizes.
15. One fish per angler for both the spot tournament and Calcutta.
Ties will be determined by the earliest fish turned in.
16. Tournament Director and judges have final say on any catch
dispute that may arise.
17. ALL disputes must be filed the day of the tournament by 3:00
18. This is a public event and there will be pictures and/or video
taken. When you enter this event you release all rights to any
pictures/video taken at the event..
19. Dargel Boats, Inc. will not be held liable for any negligence,
injury or unlawful activity that takes place during the event by any
20. Tournament Director reserves the right to limit the number of
participants and to refuse individual entry based on previous
tournaments or knowledge of any inappropriate actions.
21. All live fish weighed in will be released and dead fish will be
donated to a local charity.